Through 0 Quarter
Although the Charlotte Hornets were the underdogs at tipoff, they’ve since taken control of the game. Either squad is in a position to win, but they lead against the Dallas Mavericks 3-2.
Charlotte hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to three points or fewer. Dallas is in a similar position to the Hornets as their squad has been held to no more than two points.
this is the first time Dallas has ever been down going into the first quarter
Charlotte @ Dallas
Current Records: Charlotte 23-51; Dallas 36-37
What to Know
This Friday, the Charlotte Hornets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 117.39 points per game. They might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against the Dallas Mavericks at 8:30 p.m. ET March 24 at American Airlines Center. The Hornets and Dallas are even-steven over their past 14 head-to-heads (7-7).
The contest between Charlotte and the New Orleans Pelicans on Thursday was not particularly close, with Charlotte falling 115-96. Power forward P.J. Washington (18 points) was the top scorer for Charlotte.
Meanwhile, Dallas was close but no cigar on Wednesday as they fell 127-125 to the Golden State Warriors. The Mavericks’ loss shouldn’t obscure the performances of point guard Luka Doncic, who dropped a double-double on 30 points and 17 assists in addition to seven rebounds, and shooting guard Jaden Hardy, who shot 6-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 27 points and five boards.
The losses put the Hornets at 23-51 and Dallas at 36-37. Charlotte is 14-36 after losses this year, Dallas 20-16.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $60.00
The Mavericks are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as a 13-point favorite.
Dallas and Charlotte both have seven wins in their last 14 games.
- Mar 19, 2022 – Charlotte 129 vs. Dallas 108
- Dec 13, 2021 – Dallas 120 vs. Charlotte 96
- Jan 13, 2021 – Dallas 104 vs. Charlotte 93
- Dec 30, 2020 – Charlotte 118 vs. Dallas 99
- Feb 08, 2020 – Dallas 116 vs. Charlotte 100
- Jan 04, 2020 – Charlotte 123 vs. Dallas 120
- Feb 06, 2019 – Dallas 99 vs. Charlotte 93
- Jan 02, 2019 – Dallas 122 vs. Charlotte 84
- Mar 24, 2018 – Charlotte 102 vs. Dallas 98
- Jan 10, 2018 – Dallas 115 vs. Charlotte 111
- Dec 05, 2016 – Charlotte 109 vs. Dallas 101
- Dec 01, 2016 – Charlotte 97 vs. Dallas 87
- Mar 14, 2016 – Dallas 107 vs. Charlotte 96
- Nov 05, 2015 – Charlotte 108 vs. Dallas 94