Houston @ New York
Current Records: Houston 18-57; New York 42-33
What to Know
The Houston Rockets haven’t won a matchup against the New York Knicks since Feb. 24 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Monday. The Rockets might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against New York at 7:30 p.m. ET March 27 at Madison Square Garden. Allowing an average of 118.6 points per game, Houston has been asleep on the defensive side of the ball and will need to wake up before the contest.
On Sunday, Houston lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers on the road by a decisive 108-91 margin. Point guard Kevin Porter had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only six points on 3-for-12 shooting in his 36 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, New York was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Thursday as they fell 111-106 to the Orlando Magic. Despite the defeat, New York had strong showings from shooting guard Quentin Grimes, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 25 points, six assists and five rebounds, and point guard Immanuel Quickley, who had 25 points and seven assists along with five boards.
The Rockets are the clear underdogs, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Houston’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. We’ll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $104.40
The Knicks are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 12.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Houston have won eight out of their last 15 games against New York.
- Dec 31, 2022 – New York 108 vs. Houston 88
- Dec 16, 2021 – New York 116 vs. Houston 103
- Nov 20, 2021 – New York 106 vs. Houston 99
- May 02, 2021 – New York 122 vs. Houston 97
- Feb 13, 2021 – New York 121 vs. Houston 99
- Mar 02, 2020 – New York 125 vs. Houston 123
- Feb 24, 2020 – Houston 123 vs. New York 112
- Apr 05, 2019 – Houston 120 vs. New York 96
- Jan 23, 2019 – Houston 114 vs. New York 110
- Nov 25, 2017 – Houston 117 vs. New York 102
- Nov 01, 2017 – Houston 119 vs. New York 97
- Dec 31, 2016 – Houston 129 vs. New York 122
- Nov 02, 2016 – Houston 118 vs. New York 99
- Nov 29, 2015 – Houston 116 vs. New York 111
- Nov 21, 2015 – New York 107 vs. Houston 102